First Day Heading link
On your first day you will most likely be scheduled to attend Benefits Orientation in the morning.
In the afternoon you will meet with your department and spend the remainder of the day meeting your manager and the rest of your team. During this time, you will confirm your first week schedule with your manager.
First Week Heading link
Scheduling and Job Duties
- Ensure all new hire onboarding documentation is complete including required training
- Discuss the following with your manager
- Your job description including roles, responsibilities and expectations
- Your probationary period (if applicable) and probationary evaluations
- Review of your department organizational structure and how your job fits in the department, how your job contributes to the success of the department, Student Affairs and UIC
- Hours of work, Overtime (if applicable), procedures for using vacation, sick leave, etc.
- Discuss any meetings with other units
Connect with Co-workers
- Meet your co-workers and review the staff directory
- Chat with your manager or colleagues about the department to increase your understanding of unit goals and initiatives and the unit’s purpose at UIC.
- Talk with your manager about any keys or access you need to your building/office space.
- Set up your workspace.
- Get your i-card from the ID Center (Student Center East Room 124)
Meet with Student Affairs HR
- You will be scheduled to meet with SA HR during your first week.
- We will review the Student Affair Handbook as well as provide you with additional information that is important for you to have in your first week.